Frequently Asked Questions
- What is DFWICS?
Dallas Fort Worth Indian cultural society is a not for profit organization under 501(c) 3.
- What is Diwali?
Diwali, or Deepavali, (also called Tihar and Swanti in Nepal) (Markiscarali) "festival of lights"is a major Indian and Nepalese festival, and a significant festival in Hinduism, Sikhism and Jainism.
- What can I expect at Diwali Mela?
Door prizes, Ram Lila performance, Ravan Dahan, Laser Show, Elephant Ride & Inside stage with non-stop entertainment by local and Bollywood entertainers, Kids Corner, Fireworks and approximately 140 vendors with booths set up - selling food and other South Asian non-food merchandise offering a unique shopping experience.
- When is Diwali Mela?
November 3rd 2012. 4pm to Midnight.
- What kind of people will be attending Diwali Mela?
People from all walks of life and ethnic back ground will be attending this event, with a high percentage of people from South Asian descent.
- How many people are expected to attend Diwali Mela?
- What kind of entertainment will be there for children?
A special kids corner has been set up with children activities and games.
- Will there be security at this event?
- Can anyone sponsor this event?
Yes, please see sponsorship details by clicking the link .
- How much does it cost to sponsor Diwali Mela?
Please Click on Be a Sponsor button for more information
- Do I have to be a Hindu to attend Diwali Mela?
Is Diwali Mela open to the general
- Is there a dress code for this event?
No. You are welcome to wear any comfortable outfit, keeping in mind that this is a major South Asian festival so formal traditional attire will be perfect.
- Can I bring unlimited friends
and family member with us?
Yes. Come & have great time with your family & friends.
- Is there an age limit to attend
No. People of all ages are welcome to attend.
- Can I bring out-side food into
Outside food is not permitted inside the stadium past the parking lot, except for baby food and baby bottle etc.
- Where is the Venue?
Cotton Bowl Stadium 3809 GRAND AVE, Dallas, TX 75210
- Will there be vegetarian food
available for purchase at the Mela?
- Is alcohol permitted at the
- Are we allowed to bring photo
and video cameras to the stadium?
- How can I participate or
volunteer for Diwali Mela?
Contact Rajan Aggarwal by phone at 214 264 3077 or email Rajanaggarwal@sbcglobal.net