The community performance is a way for children and adults to showcase not only their talent in front of friends and family but a way to bring the community together to celebrate the spirit of Diwali. This year we are looking for cultural performances - whether that be classical, semi-classical or folk. If you would like to do a bollywood number we only ask that it be directly related to diwali or another cultural theme. While we would like everyone to participate the number of slots are limited - we will be trying to diversify the talent and represent all parts of India. Here are a few guidelines:
- All performances must have a Diwali or cultural theme
- All costumes, props, moves, etc must be appropriate for a cultural and family audience
- Total dance performance time must be no longer than 6 (six) minutes including introduction
- A minimum of 6 (six) performers per item
- Only one item will be allowed to perform from each group/dance school
- Any member from your group cannot be involved with any other performance at Diwali Mela that might conflict with this performance.
- Participation is free of charge, and there is no registration fee as always
- Your performance can be presented in any form of dance or any sort of creativity in the spirit of Diwali.
- Maximum participants up to 20 only.
- Preference will be given to groups from cultural organizations and dance schools
- If your dance school has a franchise and has different locations within the DFW region, then one per location and maximum 2 per dance school.
|Submit Registration Form
||OCTOBER 8th 2016
|Submit Music and Intro
||OCTOBER 22nd 2016
|Submit Signed Waivers
||OCTOBER 22nd 2016
|Participation Confirmations will be emailed to the group leaders by OCTOBER 15th 2016.
|Sequence information will be emailed to the group leaders by OCTOBER 29th 2016.
If you are interested in performing please fill out the application.
1.Please print the Registration form along with the Waiver form. Complete the information on these forms. Then scan the same to us at:
2.The Waiver form needs to be signed by all the participants (or parents/guardians if participant is less than 18years) and the Choreographer/Group Manager.
3. All the Waiver Forms need to be signed and submitted by Oct 17th 2016.
4. Group leaders will be REQUIRED to pick up their complete package –entry passes and parking passes within the allotted dates (the dates will be communicated to the leaders through email) from designated locations.
5. NO ENTRY PASSES OR PARKING PASSES WILL BE ISSUED ON THE MELA DAY.
If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us.